Last Friday, I spent the day with Georgene. She bought a really cool pattern from the 1930s on ebay, and we got together and traced the pattern on muslin and fitted it to me. I felt kinda bad that we didn't do any fitting on Georgene.
The picture to the left is of the skirt pattern pieces ready to be traced. We added 2 inches to the length the quick and dirty way (i.e. adding it at the bottom). I was concerned that it would be too short for me, and I like my skirts LONG.
Patterns in Process Burda 8665 Fabric: Aqua linen/rayon
burnout Status: needs to be hemmed and have buttonholes sewn. Kwik Sew 3028 Fabric: lightweight olive green sweatshirt from a garage sale.
Status: sleeve hems Kwik Sew 2529 Fabric: white powerdry.
Status: cut. Simplicity 5633 tshirt, tank, and skirt.
Fabric: white eyelet. Status: waiting for white batiste so I can finish the necklines with bias tape instead of a facing. Burda WOF 4/2003 156 - Girl's top.
Fabric: white eyelet. Status: cut. Kwik Sew 2489
Status: altered (again) and cut.