Sewing Links
Sewing Library
Other Links
Template Testing
Tuesday, January 11, 2005

sewingSewingSewing


sewingSewingSewing
Originally uploaded by neefer.
I think it took us 3 hours to trace and cut 2 copies. We traced one copy, then lay 2 layers of muslin on the cutting table so we could cut the 2 copies at one time. Very clever; I'm sure I would have made each copy in series. This was much more efficient.

We broke for lunch and ate crab lasagne that my husband had made. He caught the crabs, too. He loves to be out on the ocean. I think he fishes to justify going out there. Ha! Like he could come any where near the $20,000 (US) that he's spend on that @#$% boat.

The afternoon was devoted to fitting my muslin. Since Georgene's methods were different from the ones that I knew, she was generous in teaching me her methods and doing it on my muslin, instead of hers. But it was kinda funny the effect some of the differences had. For example, I learned to sew the fitting pieces together with the seams out. Georgene likes them with the seams in, so that she can see the silhouette. The big seam allowances disrupt that image. And I had assumed we would make the pattern smaller by folding tucks in it, but Georgene just whacked the extra off the side, and she fit my armhole and sleeve manually. We didn't do a full bust alteration. I figured that the pattern was a size 50 (50 inch bust), so it should allow for a cup size of D or so.

Comments:
Post a Comment
Written by Neefer at 4:37 PM